Friday, April 4, 2014

#1: Suggested Research Method/Why

My topic is feminism. I plan to combine the methods of surveying and observation. I want to take a survey of what feminism means to people. I plan to survey mostly older people between the ages of 18-60. They can be any ethnicity and I want to ask both men and women. I may ask them where they grew up to get an idea of the influence that their childhood had on their view of this topic. I want to see the reactions of both the people who are indifferent to the topic and people who have strong viewpoints on the subject. I am going to ask them certain questions relating to the topic of feminism, and I am going to observe who responds first and who remains more passive. I plan to either do it in a mall or another large public places that gathers many different people in different positions of society. I feel that this will reveal information about their views on the place of women in modern society.

No comments:

Post a Comment